My husband and I both love to read, and we are trying to make sure our children love books just as much as we do. However, buying new books can be expensive. When we decided that I would stay at home, one of my goals was to get us the things we enjoy without breaking the bank. My husband looked through his bookshelves and found a stack of books that he no longer wanted. This is when I found Paperback Swap.
Paperback Swap Details:
- You have books in good condition that you do not want to keep.
- After you have Posted the first 10 books to your bookshelf, you get 2 “startup” credits from PBS to get you started swapping. After that, you earn credits by sending out books to others. Only the first account for a household receives startup credits.
- You may order any available book for 1 credit each (paperback/hardcover). audio books cost 2 credits each.
- If you want a book that is not currently available, you can place it on your Wish List and we will notify you by email when it is available for you to order. You can even have it sent to you automatically when it becomes available, with no email necessary.
- When a book is requested from you, we notify you by email, provide the address for you to send it out, and even provide a wrapper!
- Wrap and mail your book.
- When the requester receives it, you earn 1 credit (2 if it is an audio book). Yes, you pay the postage to send out your books, but when you request a book, the sender ships it to you free of charge!
- The books you receive from PBS are yours. We hope that you will repost them to share with other members when you have read them, but you can certainly keep them, or give them away. Similarly, the books you send out to others belong to their new owners.
I just found out today that you can transfer credit between your own Paperback Swap, SwapaCD, and SwapaDVD accounts. SwapaCD and SwapaDVD work the same as Paperback Swap.