If you are doing some cleanup around the house, but don’t know how to dispose of those items that should not be put in the regular trash barrel, the City of Mesa’s next Household Hazardous Waste Collection event will be December 7, 2013.
This event will be held at 2412 N. Center St. in Mesa (Center Street, north of McKellips) from 8 am to Noon.
- Aerosol cans
- Appliances (limit 2)
- Automobile tires (limit 5); rims are accepted if the tire has been removed
- Electronics (e.g.- computers, televisions, stereos, VCRs, DVD players, cell phones, etc.)
- Electric lawnmowers
- Fireworks, road flares, fusees & small arms ammunition
- Fluorescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Fuel additives
- Grill/Camping propane tanks & helium tanks
- Medical sharps (in sealed & clearly marked rigid container)
- Motor oil, antifreeze & transmission fluid
- Paint, polishes & varnishes
- Paint related materials (thinner, turpentine, etc.)
- Pesticides & fertilizers
- Pool chemicals
- Prescription & non-prescription drugs
- Smoke detectors & fire extinguishers
- Water heaters
Items Not Accepted
- Commercial / Industrial waste
- Trash & debris
- Large truck tires
- Radioactive material
- BBQ grills
- Gas-powered lawnmowers & equipment
- Residents are asked to remain in their vehicles and refrain from smoking while at drop-off site. City of Mesa staff members will unload your vehicle when you arrive.
- Please DO NOT place household hazardous waste materials in your black barrel or in your blue or green recycling barrels.
- Please seal the material in its original container if possible.
- Please label unmarked containers if contents are known.
- Please note that event locations alternate between east and west Mesa.
- Please DO NOT place household hazardous waste materials or small containers in black plastic or other bags. Use cardboard boxes or other containers that allow household hazardous waste materials / small containers to be clearly visible.
If you are not in the city of Mesa, I suggest a quick Google Search to see if you have a Household Hazardous Waste event in your area.